Tracking Technologies We Us
Cookies are small data files downloaded to your hard drive or mobile device when you visit a website that help us remember things about you so that we can improve our Services and customize your experience. There are different types of cookies.
Cookies may be classified according to who operates the domain from which they are set. For example, cookies served by the entity that operates the domain you are visiting (for example, ChefSteps.com) are called “first-party cookies.” Cookies served by other non-affiliated companies are called “third-party cookies.” We allow third parties to set cookies when you visit our Services to understand how you interact with our Services and for other reasons, as explained further below.
Cookies may also be classified by their lifespan. For example, cookies that last only for the duration of your browsing session are called “session cookies.” “Persistent cookies” remain on your computer after you close your browser or after you navigate away from our webpages. Persistent cookies are stored on your device’s hard drive until a specified expiration date, which could be tomorrow, ten years from now or permanent to the specific device unless overwritten with newer cookies or manually removed by you.
Some cookies may be purely technical cookies that are required to provide you with certain services. For instance, technical cookies remember the items you include in an order or allow you to share content on social networks. Other technical cookies allow us to do things like understand user behavior on our Services or serve customized ads.
“Web Beacons” and “Pixel Tags” are electronic images embedded in a webpage or email that can retrieve certain information about your device and browser, such as the device type, operating system, browser type and version, website visited, time of visit, referring website, IP address and other similar information. These technologies also help us to deliver cookies, count visits, and understand campaign effectiveness.
Local storage refers to other places on a browser or device where information can be stored, and includes both your own device storage and browser cache.
Software Development Kits (also called SDKs) are blocks of code provided by third parties that are installed in our mobile apps. They function like cookies and pixels, allowing those parties to collect (and share with us) information about how users interact with our apps as well as certain information about the device and network they use to access our apps.
We use first-party or third-party cookies and similar tracking technologies to collect data, including personal data, for a variety of purposes, including to improve the functionality of our Services.
Below you can learn about the categories of cookies that we use and the general purpose of each category:
- Technical/strictly necessary: These cookies are essential for you to browse the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site. Cookies that allow web shops to hold your items in your cart while you are shopping online are an example of strictly necessary cookies. These cookies will generally be first-party session cookies. While it is not required to obtain consent for these cookies, what they do and why they are necessary should be explained to the user.
- Preferences/functionality: These cookies allow a website to remember choices you have made in the past, like what language you prefer, what region you would like weather reports for, or what your user name and password are so you can automatically log in.
- Performance/analysis: These cookies collect information about how you use a website, like which pages you visited and which links you clicked on. None of this information can be used to identify you. It is all aggregated and, therefore, anonymized. Their sole purpose is to improve website functions. This includes cookies from third-party analytics services as long as the cookies are for the exclusive use of the owner of the website visited.
- Advertising/Marketing: These cookies track your online activity to help advertisers deliver more relevant advertising or to limit how many times you see an ad. These cookies can share that information with other organizations or advertisers. These are persistent cookies and almost always of third-party provenance.
To refuse these various types of cookies, please follow the instructions below under the section “Your choices”.
Duration of storage of cookies on your device
The duration of storage of cookies on your device may vary, depending on the category to which they belong: temporary or permanent.
We use temporary cookies on all of our secure pages to assign and register a session ID. You can browse our entire Site without interruption. This identifier is also used for internal reporting purposes. It does not allow us to identify you by name and this type of cookie does not leave any information recoverable on your hard drive. Most of our proprietary cookies fall into this category and expire when you close your Internet browser
Our proprietary analysis cookies and third-party cookies are permanent cookies. They allow us to understand visitors’ browsing behaviour over a longer period of time or to provide you with additional features related to your Site customisation requests and the content that you have saved or stored. They can stay on your computer for 24 hours, a week or several years, depending on their function. This means that these cookies survive after your browser is closed and can be used by our Site to recognise your computer when you reopen your browser later.
Your Choices—Disabling and Deleting Cookie
Cookie management tool
We only place cookies on your device after you give us permission. In LELIT.com domains for the European Economic Area, you have the option to adjust what cookies you allow us to place on your browser through our Cookie Consent tool. You can modify these settings at any time.
COOKIE PREFERENCE CENTER
All cookies by web browsers: Most web browsers and devices are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to disable cookies by updating your browser or device settings to remove or reject cookies. For example, you may be able to disable cookies by following the instructions provided by your browser, which are usually located within the “Help,” “Preferences” or “Settings” menus. For further information about deleting or blocking cookies, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/ . If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the Help, Support, History or Tools area on your Internet browser for instructions on how to do so. Current technology does not permit your various devices to synchronize these settings, so you must set them for each browser and device that you use. You should know that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, or limit the use of other similar technologies, this could affect your access to all websites and in particular to the functionality of our Services. If you use your browser settings to block all cookies, you will block functionality cookies and may not be able to access all or parts of our website. You can find more information about cookies in general and similar tags/files at the following addresses:
- http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ (a guide to behavioral advertising and online privacy, produced by the internet advertising industry).
Some companies which contribute to LELIT Services may allow you to opt out of the use of information about your web browsing activity for purposes of serving ads that are targeted to your interests. You can find out more about interest-based ads and opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes by certain third parties by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices.
LELIT srl a socio unico, Viale del Lavoro 47, 25045 Castegnato (BS)
Attn: Data Protection Officer